ALLOWED IN EXHIBITOR BOOTHS
Display and distribution of information
Promotional item giveaways
Sale of original merchandise
Booking/registration for exhibitor services
NOT ALLOWED IN EXHIBITOR BOOTHS
Fees to participate in activities
Helium filled balloons
Subleasing of booth space
Promotion of products/services not approved on application
DATES, TIMES AND DEADLINES
SHOW DATE AND TIME: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 10:00 AM-4:00 PM
SETUP DATE AND TIME: Friday, July 26, 2019, 3:00-7:00 PM and Saturday, July 27, 2019, 7:30 – 9:30 AM
TEAR DOWN DATE AND TIME: Saturday, July 27, 2019, 4:00 PM
LOCATION: Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center, 346 Civic Center Boulevard, Houma, LA 70360
This event is produced by the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center Development Corporation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Space Rental Agreement and Payment – Vendor registration is not complete until exhibitor application is approved AND full-payment is received. An accepted application is a commitment to the show and fees are NONREFUNDABLE.
Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check, money order, or credit card. A 4% convenience fee will be added for credit card payments. Make checks payable to “Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center”.
2. Space Assignment – Vendors will be contacted to select a booth location when registration is completed (application is approved and payment is received.) Vendor may select from available booths in the order that registration is completed. Vendor locations will not be held for a vendor that has not completed registration. Specific vendor locations are not transferable from past shows nor guaranteed for future shows. Exhibitor understands that competitive exhibitors may be in close proximity to each other. The Promoter reserves the right to adjust the floor plan prior to the event based on availability.
3. Sub-Letting – The Exhibitor shall not assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the space allocated by the Promoter to the Exhibitor.
4. Space Restrictions – Exhibitor displays must be contained within the booth dimensions and not obstruct a clear view of neighboring booths. The Promoter reserves the right to restrict the use of glaring or irregular lighting at any time during the event. Solicitation and sales outside of an exhibitor’s assigned booth is prohibited. Solicitation includes but is not limited to use banners, flyers and vehicle graphics.
5. Exhibits – Exhibits must be show ready by 9:45 a.m. No major changes to displays are allowed during the public show. All displays and exhibits must be attended by one representative throughout the show. Staff working the booth shall wear a vendor badge during the show.
6. Products – Products and information must be legal, safe and appropriate for all ages. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and remove exhibitors, products or materials showing or distributing of products or information at their sole discretion. Raffles, collecting money to play carnival style games/games of chance, and charging a fee to participate in activities in an exhibitor booth are prohibited. The sale and/or distribution of live animals is prohibited unless approved in writing by the Promoter. Promoter will not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of sales, or damage caused by an expulsion.
7. Food and Beverages –Food and beverage samples are not permitted. Selling of prepackaged foods must receive written approval from the event promoter.
8. Noise and Machinery – The Promoter has the right to stop the display, demonstration or the running of a machine that causes vibrations, noise, smoke, smell or other nuisance on site. Noise and music shall not interfere with the house sound or disturb adjacent exhibitors. The Exhibitor shall, at the request of the Promoter, stop or reduce the use of loudspeakers, microphones, amplifiers, musical instruments, gramophones, radios, camera equipment, video or photography equipment, or any other equipment or machinery not deemed appropriate to the show.
9. Taxes and Sales– Direct sale of products, goods and services is allowed in exhibits. Exhibitors must collect sales tax at the current rate and remit payment to the state and parish tax offices. Forms will be given or mailed to vendors directly by the tax offices. Wholesaling, clearance pricing, going out of business sale, or other pricing schemes deemed as deliberately unfair competitive practices are prohibited. Raffles are prohibited. Exhibitor is expected to use professional and appropriate sales tactics. In the case of indecent or unacceptable behavior of any kind by an exhibitor, the Promoter reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify such exhibitor and remove them from the premises. Promoter will not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of sales, or damage caused by such an expulsion.
10. No Guarantee of Attendance – Promoter does not guarantee specific volumes or levels of attendance at the event.
11. Public Safety – Exhibitor will comply with local, city and state laws, ordinances and regulations and the regulations of the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center, including those covering fire, safety, health and all other matters.
12. Insurance and Liability – It is expressly understood and agreed by the Exhibitor that it will make no claim of any kind against Promoter or Event Management for any loss, damage, theft or destruction of goods or exhibit; nor for any injury that may occur to himself or his employees while in the exhibition place, nor for any damage of any nature, or character whatsoever, and without limiting the foregoing, including any damage to his business by reason of the failure to provide space for an exhibit or removal of the exhibit; or for any action of Event Management in relation to the exhibitor. The Exhibitor shall be solely responsible his own agents and employees, and to all third persons, including invitees and the public for all claims, liabilities, actions, costs, damages and expenses arising out of or relating to the custody, possession, operation, maintenance, or control of said space or exhibit, for negligence or otherwise relating thereto. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend (at Exhibitor’s sole expense, including all attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation) and hold harmless Promoter and Event Management, their insurers, joint ventures, representatives, members, designers, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, successors, and assigns (“Indemnified Parties”), from and against any and all claims for bodily injury and death, damage to property, demands, damages, actions, causes of actions, suits, losses, judgments, obligations and any liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to investigative and repair costs, attorneys’ fees and costs, and consultants’ fees and costs) (“Claims”) which arise or are in any way connected with the use of the exhibition space, including but not limited to Claims asserted by Exhibitor’s employees and subcontractors. These indemnity and defense obligations shall apply to any acts or omissions, including those arising from strict premises liability and/or the sole, contributory, comparative, simple, gross, active or passive negligence of Promoter and Event Management, their employees or agents.