2020 Houma Louisiana Wedding Expo Show Regulations
All ages show. Content shall be appropriate for all ages at the discretion of the Promoter.
Food products must be in sample size portions.
Serving soft drinks, water, or alcohol is prohibited.
Noise and music shall not interfere with the house sound or disturb adjacent exhibitors.
One business per booth. Subletting booth space is prohibited.
DATES, TIMES AND DEADLINES
SHOW DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
SETUP DATE AND TIME: Monday, March 30, 2020, 5:00 – 8:00 PM and Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:45 PM
TEAR DOWN DATE AND TIME: Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 9:00 PM
LOCATION: Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center, 346 Civic Center Boulevard, Houma, LA 70360
This event is produced by the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center Development Corporation.
- Space Rental Agreement and Payment– Vendor registration is not complete until the exhibitor application is approved AND full-payment is processed by the Civic Center. An accepted application is a commitment to the show and all fees are NONREFUNDABLE. Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check, money order, or credit card. A 4% convenience fee will be added for credit card payments. Make checks payable to “Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center”.
- Space Assignment– Vendors will be contacted to select a booth location when registration is completed. Vendor may select from available booths. Vendor locations will not be held for a vendor that has not completed registration. Specific vendor locations are not transferable from past shows nor guaranteed for future shows. Exhibitor understands that competitive exhibitors may be in close proximity to each other. The Promoter reserves the right to adjust the floor plan prior to the event based on availability.
- Sub-Letting – The Exhibitor shall not assign, sublet or apportion the whole or any part of the space allocated by the Promoter to the Exhibitor.
- Space Restrictions– Exhibitor displays must be contained within the booth dimensions and not obstruct a clear view of neighboring booths. The use of curtains or objects to create side walls on the booth is prohibited. The Promoter reserves the right to restrict the use of glaring or irregular lighting and amplified sound at any time during the event. Solicitation and sales outside of an exhibitor’s assigned booth is prohibited. Solicitation includes but is not limited to use banners, flyers and vehicle graphics.
- Exhibits– Exhibits must be show ready by 5:45 p.m. No major changes to displays are allowed during the public show. All displays and exhibits must be attended by one representative throughout the show. Staff working the booth shall wear a vendor badge during the show.
- Products– Products and information must be legal, safe and appropriate for all ages. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify and remove exhibitors, products or materials showing or distributing of products or information at their sole discretion. Promoter will not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of sales, or damage caused by an expulsion.
- Food and Beverages– Food products must be in sample size portions. A cash bar will be open during the event. Serving soft drinks, water, or other beverages is prohibited. If the Exhibitor is unsure of sample size portions, contact the Promoter.
- Noise and Machinery– The Promoter has the right to stop the display, demonstration or the running of a machine that causes vibrations, noise, smoke, smell or other nuisance on site. Noise and music shall not interfere with the house sound or disturb adjacent exhibitors. The Exhibitor shall, at the request of the Promoter, stop or reduce the use of loudspeakers, microphones, amplifiers, musical instruments, gramophones, radios, camera equipment, video or photography equipment, or any other equipment or machinery not deemed appropriate to the show.
- Taxes and Sales– Direct sale of products, goods and services is allowed in exhibits. Exhibitors must collect sales tax at the current rate and remit payment to the state and parish tax offices. Forms will be given or mailed to vendors directly by the tax offices. Wholesaling, clearance pricing, going out of business sale, or other pricing schemes deemed as deliberately unfair competitive practices are prohibited. Raffles are prohibited. Exhibitor is expected to use professional and appropriate sales tactics. In the case of indecent or unacceptable behavior of any kind by an exhibitor, the Promoter reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify such exhibitor and remove them from the premises. Promoter will not be liable for any loss of profit, loss of sales, or damage caused by such an expulsion.
- No Guarantee of Attendance– Promoter does not guarantee specific volumes or levels of attendance at the event.
- Public Safety– Exhibitor will comply with local, city and state laws, ordinances and regulations and the regulations of the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center, including those covering fire, safety, health and all other matters. No cooking of food involving grease-laden vapors is permitted. No food warming with fuel other than alcohol (i.e. Sterno), which will be limited to one pint per unit. Electricity is preferred. Devices shall be isolated from the public by at least 4 feet or by a barrier between the device and the public. Devices are limited to 288 square inches of cooking surface area. Devices shall be placed on noncombustible surfaces. Cooking devices shall be separated from each other by minimum distance of 2 feet horizontally. Equipment using combustible oils or solids shall have lids available for immediate use. Exhibitor shall provide a 20 B:C UL rated fire extinguisher for each device within the booth.
- Insurance and Liability– It is expressly understood and agreed by the Exhibitor that it will make no claim of any kind against Promoter or Event Management for any loss, damage, theft or destruction of goods or exhibit; nor for any injury that may occur to himself or his employees while in the exhibition place, nor for any damage of any nature, or character whatsoever, and without limiting the foregoing, including any damage to his business by reason of the failure to provide space for an exhibit or removal of the exhibit; or for any action of Event Management in relation to the exhibitor. The Exhibitor shall be solely responsible his own agents and employees, and to all third persons, including invitees and the public for all claims, liabilities, actions, costs, damages and expenses arising out of or relating to the custody, possession, operation, maintenance, or control of said space or exhibit, for negligence or otherwise relating thereto. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend (at Exhibitor’s sole expense, including all attorneys’ fees and costs of litigation) and hold harmless Promoter and Event Management, their insurers, joint ventures, representatives, members, designers, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, successors, and assigns (“Indemnified Parties”), from and against any and all claims for bodily injury and death, damage to property, demands, damages, actions, causes of actions, suits, losses, judgments, obligations and any liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to investigative and repair costs, attorneys’ fees and costs, and consultants’ fees and costs) (“Claims”) which arise or are in any way connected with the use of the exhibition space, including but not limited to Claims asserted by Exhibitor’s employees and subcontractors. These indemnity and defense obligations shall apply to any acts or omissions, including those arising from strict premises liability and/or the sole, contributory, comparative, simple, gross, active or passive negligence of Promoter and Event Management, their employees or agents.
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL IMMEDIATELY CONFIRMING YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED SUCCESSFULLY.
THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL INCLUDES A COPY OF THIS APPLICATION FOR YOUR RECORDS.